Our school motto, chosen by the school council is:
* Achieve * Create * Know
In recognising its historic foundation, the Governors and Staff of the Ash Cartwright & Kelsey Church of England Primary School (Aided) preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church, at Parish and Diocesan level.
The School aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all pupils.
The School seeks to promote and uphold certain values through its policies and procedures; the way in which the adults act towards the children and each other; and the way the children are expected to behave.
friendship, community, perseverance, joy, forgiveness and creation
The School also seeks to serve its children, their parents and the community by promoting certain values which it holds to be fundamental to the nature and character of the Ash Cartwright & Kelsey School.
We aim to:
- Help to foster each child’s intellectual, physical, aesthetic, spiritual, emotional, moral and social development.
- Help each child to understand and seek to use our five school values: friendship, happiness, perseverance, happiness and creativity in their lives
- Help each child to develop the ability to learn and to enjoy the challenge that often has to be met if a real sense of achievement to be experienced.
- Consistently demonstrate high standards in order to provide good role models for the children.
- Help each child to realise their potential through the development of the necessary skills, concepts and knowledge.
Our mission statement
Our school and our Christian values will enable children to exceed their potential by educating the whole child and recognising everybody’s God given talents. We will pinpoint exactly what children learn and set appropriately challenging tasks. Collaboratively we will create happy, resilient, inquisitive and independent life-long learners by providing children with the education they deserve.